Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Path of karma

A holy man during his wanderings came to a village. He stayed there for a few days and impressed the villagers greatly with one of his yogic powers. He displayed the extraordinary ability to kill or revive anything by sprinkling water on it while chanting mystic words or mantras.

During the holy man's stay in the village, a young boy served him daily by dong various chores. As a result, the holy man grew very fond of the boy. He called the boy aside one morning and said, "I am leaving this afternoon, but before i leave i would like to give you a gift. I have had this rosary for many years; i give it to you. You may use it when you say your daily prayers." But the boy said, "Sir, if you don't mind, I would rather have some other fight from you." The holy man said, "I am a man of very few possessions. What else can I give you!" The boy said, "Please teach me how to give or take life as you do. I want this gift from you."

The holy man bound by his commitment, had to teach the boy the mantras and said, "My child, before you chant them you have to be very careful about one thing, You must never think of a black cat, If you do, the mantra will not work." The boy went to neighbourhood and called upon his friends and said "Now I can kill or revive any being", but nobody would not believe him. So he decided to show it using his pet cat. He tied the cat into a pole and sprinkled the water, But nothing happened. The boy became a laughingstock in his neighbourhood, Embarrassed he ran to the holy man and said "Sir the mantras did not work..", So the holy man asked "Did you by any chance, think of a black cat", The boy replied, "Sir I may be young, But I am not stupid, When I was chanting the mantra I kept telling myself all the time that i must not think about the black cat.". The holy man said, "Thats as good as thinking of a black cat."

We all time think about the fruit of any Actions.. So we are bonded with the actions.. We should do our wordly works with attachment, Attachment is selfish involvement, and always rooted in selfish expectations...

No comments:

Post a Comment